To proceed by or take a winding or an indirect course
To wander aimlessly; ramble
A circuitous movement or journey
Who we are…
We’re Mary and Gerald, and after several extended trips over the last decade or so, we have somewhat apprehensively decided to create a website and blog to share about our travels. This would not be possible without the help of our son, Torin, whose excitement for honing his website building skills has urged us to move forward with this project. We are grateful for his enthusiasm and help.
We have a number of trips posted, though not all are to the standard we’d like. We’ve also added the original blog that we posted covering our year long travel adventure in 2006/2007 and we’re working at bringing in other past trips including our 8 months living in Belize, 6 months living in Bolivia and Ecuador, cycle touring for 2 months in Cuba, and cycle touring in Germany and Greece in 2019.
For more about us, click here.
First, a note about our website… I feel the need to point out that this whole website is a work in progress. We are applying our mantra – Explore. Experience. Learn. – to the art of blogging as well as to the expected application related to travel itself. Having gone through the process of uploading past travel experiences, I’m realizing how varied this whole experience will be for the reader – from converted PPT files to converted iMovies to chronological blog posts! One of these trips we’ll strike the perfect balance, so hang in there and we hope you enjoy what we have posted.
- March 16, 2020 – The coronavirus cuts our trip short and we head home for 2 weeks of self-quarantine and adjustment to a “new normal”, which may or may not include more international… time will tell. In the interim, we will search for adventure and new experiences closer to home.
- January, 2020 – We’re off to Australia to see a friend, take in the Aussie Open and cycle around Tasmania.
- October, 2019 – We realize how cold it can get in Germany in fall and hop a train to Italy and from there, a ferry to Greece, where we cycle to Athens, take another ferry and cycle around Crete.
- August, 2019 – We’re off to Germany to visit relatives, tour around and cycle tour with some friends from home.
- August, 2018 – We head to Kyrgyzstan (6 weeks) and Kazakhstan (3 days).
- July, 2018 – finally finished the Portugal/Spain blogs and uploaded our year-long trip in 2006/2007 as well as Australia in 2010. I’ll continue to work on the other trips.
- March 28, 2018 – We returned from an amazing cycle tour through southern Portugal and Spain… 1600km. Check out the blog posts here
- February 2, 2018 – We’ve just embarked on an epic 2 month cycling journey through Spain and Portugal.
- January 29, 2018 – Our website has launched! Take a look through and maybe something will grab your eye. Feel free to like, comment, and share!